[Burichan] [Desudesudesu] [Photon] [Gurochan] [Futaba] [Tomorrow] - [Home] [RSS Live Feed] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting Mode: Reply (Abbreviated Thread View)
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
Link
Subject
Comment
Boku?
File
Password (for post and file deletion and editing)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, 7z, bz2, gz, rar, torrent, zip
  • Maximum file size allowed is 102400 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File: 1232662430289.jpg -(154.4 KiB, 1801x758) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
158061 No.175   [Delete]   [Edit

Do you suppose some kind Anons could post download links to the first Chapters as well as all translated Tales for a sticky?

MOD EDIT:Delivered.
Original Manga Volumes:
Volume 1   Volume 2   Volume 3   Volume 4   Volume 5   Volume 6   Volume 7   Volume 8
"How to Make a Girl" (teaser for the Tales, published after the continuation announcement)

The Tales
Tale 1   Tale 2   Tale 3   Tale 4   Tale 5   Tale 6   Tale 7   Tale 8   Tale 9   Tale 10  
Tale 11   Tale 12   Tale 13   Tale 14   Tale 15   Tale 16   Tale 17   Tale 18   Tale 19   Tale 20  
Tale 21   Tale 22   Tale 23   Tale 24   Tale 25   Tale 26   Tale 27   Tale 28   Tale 29   Tale 30  
Tale 31   Extra Tale   Tale 32   Tale 33   Tale 34   Tale 35   Tale 36   Tale 37   Tale 38   Tale 39  
Tale 40   Tale 41   Tale 42   Tale 43   Tale 44   Tale 45   Tale 46   Tale 47   Tale 48   Tale 49  
Girls Talk   Tale 50   Tale 51   Tale 52   Tale 53   Tale 54   Tale 55   Tale 56   Tale 57   Tale 58  
Tale 59   Tale 60   Tale 61   Tale 62  

I will keep this post updated :)

Last edited by moderator 09/01/22(Thu)19:13.

This page shows only the latest 50 replies to this thread. For the other 416, refer to the full thread page.
>> No.4252   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4247
Hyakki is solo on Rozen Maiden II and he/she is the [Translator], [Editor], [Quality Checker] of it.
You guys are a team that suddenly has their progress slowed down. I dont believe it takes 6 months to produce one chapter from a scanlation TEAM.
If this one person can produce a chapter per month then a team should take less than that. Two months max if you have other things to do.
PLUS, Hyakki isnt just scanlating Rozen Maiden but other projects as well.

You should have warned us about your progress that it will be slowed down instead of no announcement and people are waiting for the new chapter. People would inevitably complain like "What happened to the group? No new chapters." If you made an announcement about what is going on, then people would understand.

>> No.4253   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: Tale 60.zip -(10.7 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
11193910

Woah, so many posts.
I thought we explained about at least 2 chapters ago why scanlations have slow down.
For scans, we're using the same scan cleaner from the Russian side and he has done the cleaning for the next few chapters months ago (maybe a year? I'm not sure) before the raws from the tankobon was out. He doesn't want to redo the chapters that were already released in Russian so we'll still be using those for the next few chapters.
I think rubbr didn't mean that we want to get paid, he meant was that someone else could have paid those other groups to have it done. (I personally don't want to get paid for any of this.)
If you want a reason why it's been late, here's my version. I used to poke and prod people to get to work, and if they slacked or were busy, I did the work instead. (For typesetting, I couldn't do much about proofreading etc because I needed input from others.) My studies was actually affected by that early on in that year so I slowed down and stopped covering for others. This was when chapters were being released once every 1-2 weeks.
This year, however, is different. I'm now in my final year of school and I can't afford to screw up. I just rushed out my final year project and have exams starting tomorrow. I let everything go and didn't bother them and then it took months for something to happen and sometimes the delay is my own fault. There's also the problem of trying to get in contact with the proofreader. He's in China, and sometimes only online once a week when everyone else in the US is asleep, and we haven't been able to contact him for the past week or so. Once my exams are over, I'll probably be more proactive, remind them more often, and get hated for being too naggy again. There's no guarantees though, I don't know if I'll get hired soon since I've already gone for a job interview, and I don't know how busy I'll be in the near future.
I really do love this series, and want to complete this asap but life gets in the way and for better or for worse, we simply refuse to upload something when we see a big problem with the quality and nitpick too much.
But for now, here's Tale 60.

>> No.4254   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4253

  1. Um, is Tales 60 uploaded yet? Also, 59?
  2. Is possible to do the last chapter of Rozen Maiden because someone named Hyakki did the other chapters that you were missing and he/she havent done the final chapter yet. Can you guys do it and then do the other chapters that will be translated by desuchan, not Hyakki.
>> No.4255   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4249

>if it was money that you (and by that I mean DesuChan) had wanted, why didnt you say so long ago

You misunderstood Rubbr, I think what he meant is simply that there's a difference between how paid and unpaid translators work, not that we want to transfer from one category to another. If there is a payment then there is a formal commitment, so payed translators get things done on time and unpaid ones - when they feel like it.
I personally wouldn't want any payment for this. I actually worked as a professional translator for a while, and know that the pay for this kind of work is very low (I mean written translation). Translating technical stuff was also pretty boring most of the time. So, written translation is a rather crappy way to make money, and that actually might be the reason why some of the professionally done manga translations have low quality (we need not look any further than Tokyopop translation of this very manga for an example). So if we wanted money most of the people on our team have other skills that are better payed (and as a matter of fact some of us might have diverted more of our time that used to go into translation to earning money with the skills that are actually profitable, or preparing for her future career in case of Kudan).
On the other hand, there is always a reason for people to do things, so if we're not doing this because of money then we're doing it for something else which is the sense of satisfaction from our work, and we have at least 3 people on the team who are obsessed with quality and get upset because of tiniest flaws. So trying to maintain the standard of quality of the previous releases while committing much less time to it also contributed to the slow pace of the scanlation (Although, admittedly, the main reason is the inefficiency of our workflow as Rubbr said).

>>4252

>If this one person can produce a chapter per month then a team should take less than that.

Actually, as strange as it sounds, in projects like this it is much faster to do everything on your own. The only limitation is that rarely one person possesses all of the required skills at the same time (for example you can be good at translation but bad at image editing) so usually scanlations done by a single person will be lacking in one of the aspects. If you happen to have the bare minimum of skills in everything though, which is not impossible, then you can churn out decent scanlations all on your own pretty quickly since there is zero time wasted on discussion and making every participant satisfied with the end result of the work (I personally tripped the process with petty nitpicking on many occasions myself, heh).
A group might be more effective than a single person though, but only if it is well organized . In our case the main organizing force behind our group was Kudan and she has objective reasons to direct her efforts elsewhere for now. I also used to keep track of everything that went on and could give suggestions or respond to them on a moment's notice since I kept everything in my head, but then I got a life... So I don't want to make it sound as if it's Kudan's fault that the scanlations are slow since I haven't really been doing my part either.
Fortunately Rubbr has been more active lately, so it's probably thanks to him, that chapters are getting done at all.

>oh, btw, the raws for vol 10 were out last year, I know because I have them,

We actually got our own source of scans for the last volume, so it's not the problem.

translation checker from China who hasn't been doing shit lately

Last edited 15/05/03(Sun)23:03.

>> No.4256   [Delete]   [Edit]

Just release Tale 63 and 66 and be done with it. They're the only ones without decent scanlations. Hyakki's scanlations are good enough as they are. Frankly, quality doesn't mean shit if it doesn't get released at a reasonable amount of time. At your rate it'll be 2018 and we still won't be done. At this point I don't really care about the scanlations since I've already learned the Japanese needed to read the raws, I just want someone to discuss it with.

>> No.4257   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4256
That's how everyone learns Japanese, lol.

>> No.4258   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4254

  1. It's attached to the post that you quoted from. >>4253
  2. I don't mind as long as everyone else in the group is ok with that. Which should we go for though? 63 or 66?
>> No.4259   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4258

  1. Thanks
  2. I say do 66 since that is missing then do 63

Last edited 15/05/04(Mon)14:12.

>> No.4260   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4258
I'd say do ch 63 since the scanlation isnt very good
Hyakki will probably have finished ch 66 by the time Desuchan gets a good translation of ch 63 done

>> No.4261   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4260
It has been more than a month Hyakki did a chapter for Rozen Maiden.
I am afraid that it might be long for ch 66 coming out.

>> No.4262   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4261
now that you mention it, it has been a bit since Hyakki did a ch of RM

maybe it would be best if Desuchan did both ch 63 & 66

>> No.4263   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4258

I think you should go for ch 63 first, and if nothing is still posted for ch 66 then move on to that when you have the time!

>> No.4264   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: 1431107663378.jpg -(6428 B, 200x151) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
6428

>>4261
Dang really? I was reading through this thread since I haven't looked here in a couple months and I see that some guy is scanlating an apparently really fast rate. I see that people are saying he' almost done a month ago and I'm like "sweet, it must be done now!" Nope, the last chapter is left unfinished because of course it is. Why must the world conspire against us?

>> No.4265   [Delete]   [Edit]

Ok, I'm getting lost on what and who has done what. How many chapters are there in total of RM2 in general? What are the chapters that don't have english scans yet? It's getting confusing, sice you all suggest 63, but I see there is already one on batoto. I see desuchan's up to 60, Hyakki has 61, 62, 64, 65, but there is one more contributor who's done 60.5-63. And MAL lists 68 chs in total. So what's left?

Last edited 15/05/08(Fri)16:13.

>> No.4266   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4265
as far as I know, there are 66 total ch's in RMII

all of then have been scanlated except for ch 66

people are asking desuchan to scanlate ch 63 because the person/group who did di it, did a poor job at it

I have no idea where the 68 ch count comes from unless that site is counting some of the omake as ch's

>> No.4290   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4253
thanks for this

>> No.4294   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4265
The number 68 probably includes the the two extra chapters that go between chapters 60/61 and 61/62. In Desuchan Scans we numbered them 60.5 and 61.5. They are flashbacks outside of the main story, also they're not included in the tankobon edition either. Although they are not important to the story at least chapter 60.5 is worth releasing though. So there are 66 official chapters + two of these extra chapters. In fact there was another extra chapter that wasn't translated into English as iirc, called "Girls Talk", where Megu discusses boys with Tomoe and almost kisses her. So if you include that there can even be a number 69.

>> No.4295   [Delete]   [Edit]

I just saw on Batoto that Hyakki has done ch 63

so desuchan doesnt need to bother with it

>> No.4296   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4295
Yeah, I read it. So ch 66 is all that is missing

>> No.4297   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4296
yeah, only one ch left

and I am betting that Hyakki gets it done before desuchan does

it would be interesting to see that omake story that was mentioned above, "Girls Talk"
it would be great if someone had that and could get it scanlated :-)

>> No.4299   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4297

first part of ch 66 is out now on Batoto ... by Hyakki :-)

>> No.4301   [Delete]   [Edit]

Final part is up. After all these years its finally over.

>> No.4302   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4301

yes ... and a very sincere domo arigato gozaimasu to hyakki for all the work he put into finishing the story

>> No.4303   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4301

since the ending was not "final", and the only one doll became "Alice", it will be interesting to see if Peach Pit does another story arc with the characters :-)

>> No.4304   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4303
That would be nice, but I am not gonna hold my breath. I bet they have moved on to other things, and Rozen Maiden will be left as-is.

>> No.4305   [Delete]   [Edit]

I finally finished reading Rozen Maiden after putting it on hold at ch.49 untill the last chapter was translated. After all those years, being Rozen Maiden the one thing that really brought me to watch anime really back in the day.
Somebody hold me please.

>> No.4306   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4305

"Somebody hold me please."

I can understand that ... Rozen Maiden was a lot deeper story than most actually realized ... and it was interesting that a former Japanese Prime Minister said that about the story when he was seen reading it ... LOL it also earned him the nick-name Rozen Aso ... (the Prime Minister at that time was Taro Aso)

Rozen Maiden was what got me interested in bjd's ... enough so that I ended up getting one for myself ... she became "my" Rozen Maiden ... and she has been a complete sweetheart :-)

yes it would be nice to see Peach Pit continue the story with another arc, very nice

maybe if there was a good way for us fans to let them know that we hope they dont just let the story fade away

>> No.4308   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: 1437834680940.png -(96.1 KiB, 342x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
98375

>>4301
<
>>4306
What the heck is bjd?

>> No.4309   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4308
ball-joint dolls

>> No.4310   [Delete]   [Edit]

Finally read the end. It was really sweet, and kind of sad at the same time. I feel like I am saying good bye to some of my friends.

Maybe there will be another season of the anime, but for now I feel like it concluded itself well.

>> No.4311   [Delete]   [Edit]

The ending was really sweet and sad at the same time. I feel like I am saying good bye to some friends.

I wish that I hadn't missed discussing it with everyone else, but maybe we will get another season of the anime some day. For now I feel like the series concluded itself well, would love to see what Peach Pit does in the future.

>> No.4312   [Delete]   [Edit]

Good thing I could read spanish and finish the clusterfuck that was the ending of this series long ago so I don't have to feel depressed about waiting so long for such an awful ending.

I mean, Shinku? srsly? Fuck that!

>> No.4313   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4312

wow dude ... there is no reason to get so uptight about it ... if you could not see that Shinku was going to end up as Alice right from the start of the original story arc ... then you completely missed every single, way too obvious, very predictable thing that Japanese manga and anime do

Shinku would have never been introduced in the very first ch if she was not going to be the ultimate heroine/success story of the entire story

come on dude ... get real

>> No.4322   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: 1446516837444.jpg -(183.5 KiB, 1200x1032) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
187877

So, I just repacked all the tales properly because my previous pack was fucked up and made before they were all scanslated

http://4zip.pw/ftp/desu/Desu/Manga/
Rozen Maiden - Tales.rar has all the tales now. I tried to note the scanslation groups too.

Ill try to get with the mods to get it added to the sticky

>> No.4323   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: 1446522066192.jpg -(111.0 KiB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
113674

>>4322
oh this includes the new chapters too btw, all the way up to 66, translated

>> No.4324   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4322
>>4323
Many thanks.

>> No.4325   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4322
At last. I can finally put this to rest knowing I have at least crudely translated versions of this.

Peace be with you, ball joint lovers. Extra thanks to Anonymous for his work in the treachery. ;)
And with this, have a nice day.

>> No.4390   [Delete]   [Edit]

>>4322
Anyone got a mirror for this? The site is down for me.

>> No.4515   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales0-9.zip -(60.5 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
63450841
>> No.4516   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales10-19.zip -(54.5 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
57108767
>> No.4519   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales20-25.zip -(73.0 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
76528977
>> No.4520   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales26-27.zip -(59.9 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
62775829
>> No.4521   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales28.zip -(39.2 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
41066116
>> No.4522   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales29-32.zip -(65.3 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
68461559
>> No.4523   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales33-35.zip -(91.1 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
95569103
>> No.4524   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales36-39.zip -(62.8 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
65824463
>> No.4525   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales40-44.zip -(76.6 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
80274037
>> No.4527   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales45-495.zip -(66.5 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
69707599
>> No.4528   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales50-59.zip -(76.7 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
80445828
>> No.4529   [Delete]   [Edit]
File: tales60-66.zip -(45.4 MiB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
47656778


Delete Post [] Password
Report Post(s) to Staff